Alpha Pi Sigma
- Existence: 1943 - present
Alpha Pi Sigma (1943–present) is the student fraternity of Parks College, the first federally certified aviation school in the United States. Founded in 1943, the fraternity promoted “unity, co-operation, and achievement in the field of aviation” for men in the college. The materials from the collection provide information about the fraternity’s early formation, its activities, pledge classes, and notable members.
Originally named “Alpha Phi Sigma,” the student organization changed its name to “Alpha Pi Sigma” in 1946 due to copyright reasons. It remained the official fraternity of Parks College during many of the school’s major transitions, including the merger with Saint Louis University in 1946 and the campus relocation from Cahokia, Illinois to Saint Louis in 1996.